Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Disable Withers

jakeman5

The factions aspect of this server is dead. There is no point to create a farm with a faction any more due to withers being a cheap effective nuke. It makes the server really pointless and I am sure other players will agree it makes things not nearly as fun.

Attachments

• 8b7ef84543ef44911eeed822797b25b5.jpg
    8b7ef84543ef44911eeed822797b25b5.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 105

libxrty

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
2021 Founder
2023 Gold Founder
The factions aspect of this server is dead. There is no point to create a farm with a faction any more due to withers being a cheap effective nuke. It makes the server really pointless and I am sure other players will agree it makes things not nearly as fun.
I completely agree.
There isn't any fucking reason to make a base if it can be withered into within minutes.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
I would be inclined to agree with it at this stage-

It's clear that many players and factions have been more distant from the server recently- however that could be due to school also, but I do believe that withering has made the server overall boring for factions, whilst it's the only "faction mechanic" left maybe because it's the only way to raid, is it really any good if most nearly anyone has a base, idk.

I was thinking maybe the removal of withers but to supplement for the then lack of a faction side to the server for there to be weekly faction events, such as 3v3s 4v4s 5v5s and if each of these gain enough traction it could be considered to do larger ones that are huge such as 10v10s or even lower, it also wouldn't hurt to try set up something relatively easy and start hosting them considering we have just gained a large number of French players to the server who will most likely be more than happy to enter an event at an opportunity at some cash items etc, especially since the gear would be supplied and there is no loss of entering.

Although the only idea for actual "faction" based events I have thought of I still think there's more and it's worth considering, many peoples fun on the server right now is withering so instead make it events, even that wipeout event was a fun thing for my faction to do atleast, so this is both a response and a suggestion

Even if withers aren't removed still should do some "faction wars" or faction events, or just 3v3s 4v4s 5v5s etc if you don't want to directly associate that with factions.

J

JewBait

I would be inclined to agree with it at this stage-

It's clear that many players and factions have been more distant from the server recently- however that could be due to school also, but I do believe that withering has made the server overall boring for factions, whilst it's the only "faction mechanic" left maybe because it's the only way to raid, is it really any good if most nearly anyone has a base, idk.

I was thinking maybe the removal of withers but to supplement for the then lack of a faction side to the server for there to be weekly faction events, such as 3v3s 4v4s 5v5s and if each of these gain enough traction it could be considered to do larger ones that are huge such as 10v10s or even lower, it also wouldn't hurt to try set up something relatively easy and start hosting them considering we have just gained a large number of French players to the server who will most likely be more than happy to enter an event at an opportunity at some cash items etc, especially since the gear would be supplied and there is no loss of entering.

Although the only idea for actual "faction" based events I have thought of I still think there's more and it's worth considering, many peoples fun on the server right now is withering so instead make it events, even that wipeout event was a fun thing for my faction to do atleast, so this is both a response and a suggestion

Even if withers aren't removed still should do some "faction wars" or faction events, or just 3v3s 4v4s 5v5s etc if you don't want to directly associate that with factions.
You’re faction doesn’t know how to do 5v5 etc etc

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
On top of parrots comment which is quite obviously true, at first I didn't even think withering would be that bad as maybe it would be pretty easy to defend, but considering peoples dedication to stay up very late and optimal times just to ensure a "free" wither raid is quite blatantly an issue, to say "only when it suits your guys needs" is quite petty, it's pretty clear we didn't start the whole wither raiding stuff we just hopped on it as anyone would, either way, it's not up to any of us.

Spleaf

You know considering that it's suppose to be aimed towards a faction server simply making real cannoning a working functional aspect of the server would make things more interesting in raids, I myself have wither raided and its quite simple all you need is a knockback stick and a punch bow and you'll be into the base within 10mins. If the server had actual working cannoning mechanics like from 1.8 cannoning where everyone and anyone can build one then it would be extremely beneficial to the entirety of the community. I think that with reason it'd be fair to incorporate bans on excessively large cannons with true reason due to the lag output and stress it puts when firing within the server to create some boundaries. Also with the given amount of claims and F power that players have starting and even with MAX RANK is still considered very small and doesn't give the factions or solo players the defenses they need to be able to withstand a wither attack. So maybe increasing faction power claims to the point where it wouldn't be excessive but it would give more room for players to expand their drug operations as well as defenses within raiding countermeasures I think would be a fun and fair way to incorporate balance for the community.

jakeman5

I believe that the factions aspect of the server is much more important to people in this community than raiding with withers. I think there does need to be some way to raid. However withers are just too overpowered and make spending time on building a farm or a base totally worthless.

TwerkFest

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I think the disabling of withers would be a GREAT idea, however, you can't do that now. If you're going to disable withers you have to beable to raid somehow, and we all know MCD can't even handle a slime cannon. You can't disable withers now after you have been withering everyone.

Spleaf

I think the disabling of withers would be a GREAT idea, however, you can't do that now. If you're going to disable withers you have to beable to raid somehow, and we all know MCD can't even handle a slime cannon. You can't disable withers now after you have been withering everyone.

I haven't withered a single base during the entirety of this map because I don't see the point also slime cannons aren't even effective past a couple chunks making raiding simply impossible without a real stand stacking cannon, I'm fully aware that cannons and MCD do NOT and have NOT mixed well at all especially in the past and having small cannons even produce extreme lag however I KNOW people are withering rn and its a guaranteed raid regardless of a bases defenses. BUT why are so many other servers capable of handling something as simple as a TNT CANNON that IS and ALWAYS will and should be an aspect of true factions... You cannot call a server factions without having a reliable way of raiding one another based on who withers the other first its just a matter of who finds who first. I am simply saying all these things and ideas on this forum page because i 100% think that it SHOULD and NEEDS to be implemented within next map. With of course taking into consideration certain models of cannons that would destroy the fps or anything above a 120 stacking sand cannon wouldn't be allowed if they figured out how to configure cannons and server compatibility to run smoothly as a WHOLE!

J

JewBait

I haven't withered a single base during the entirety of this map because I don't see the point also slime cannons aren't even effective past a couple chunks making raiding simply impossible without a real stand stacking cannon, I'm fully aware that cannons and MCD do NOT and have NOT mixed well at all especially in the past and having small cannons even produce extreme lag however I KNOW people are withering rn and its a guaranteed raid regardless of a bases defenses. BUT why are so many other servers capable of handling something as simple as a TNT CANNON that IS and ALWAYS will and should be an aspect of true factions... You cannot call a server factions without having a reliable way of raiding one another based on who withers the other first its just a matter of who finds who first. I am simply saying all these things and ideas on this forum page because i 100% think that it SHOULD and NEEDS to be implemented within next map. With of course taking into consideration certain models of cannons that would destroy the fps or anything above a 120 stacking sand cannon wouldn't be allowed if they figured out how to configure cannons and server compatibility to run smoothly as a WHOLE!
He didn’t say you smh

TwerkFest

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
The fuck you writing an essay at me for, none of that was at you.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
it's pre simple

all the servers you speak on don't run on version 1.13.2

Spleaf

it's pre simple

all the servers you speak on don't run on version 1.13.2

True but also I believe that with the right plugins and coding the server shall run smoothly with working and functioning cannons making raiding a possibility without withering

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
True but also I believe that with the right plugins and coding the server shall run smoothly with working and functioning cannons making raiding a possibility without withering
Maybe, but we have yet to encounter such plugins enabling this to be a possibility.

libxrty

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
2021 Founder
2023 Gold Founder
I've offered Dakota a company I know of that could make a pretty good cannon jar, but i was left on read so idk what the progress on that is, could help out the removal of withers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.