Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Navy Seals

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
This spawn is very nice, although it has a somewhat big problem for cops- water. If someone is using depth staider and gets into the water, cops lost that catch. People swim simply too fast for cops to get, and water is everywhere from less than 50 block away from spawn all the way to where the normal dealer is, putting cops at a massive disadvantage, and even when a player comes across a cop after leaving the water they still can easily turn around and get back to the water before they're caught. To resolve this issue I believe we should put in a /duty Navy (or seals, ect.) for cops. This duty should give a low amount of commission but have the bonus of depth staider boots to let them be able to compete with drug runners. This duty could also give an added negative of slowness, as potion effects don't effect swimming (I believe), causing cops that use this to have a disadvantage on land while being able to actually catch people in the water

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
well speed certainly makes you faster in water so I'd like to assume slowness does make you slower in water, cool concept just wanted to touch on that part you mentioned.

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
well speed certainly makes you faster in water so I'd like to assume slowness does make you slower in water, cool concept just wanted to touch on that part you mentioned.
After doing some tests on my own, neither speed nor slowness affect normal swimming, but it does change when paired with depth straider. Slowness 1 completely counteracts depth straider 3 making it the same as normal swimming.

Cool concept but- cops can do a lot of other things to counter water. Maybe try catching them before they get in or wait around where you think they will sell.

Since there indeed is a lot of water, it would not really be fair (in my opinion) for cops to have the upper hand.

Just my input ;)

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
Cool concept but- cops can do a lot of other things to counter water. Maybe try catching them before they get in or wait around where you think they will sell.

Since there indeed is a lot of water, it would not really be fair (in my opinion) for cops to have the upper hand.

Just my input ;)
The problem is that as soon as they get into the water it's basically a lost catch, as cops can not currently compete with people swimming with depth strider, this gives a huge unfair advantage towards druggies. The fastest way to get from spawn to drug selling is always a straight line, and there is always water intersecting that line, and running around to catch them when they're coming out rarely works as they always can just backtrack to water just as fast or faster than cops can. This would not even give cops much of an advantage in water either, stated earlier effects only effect swimming when paired with depth strider, meaning that speed would swill work to out-run cops in the water even when they are both equipped with strider boots.

The problem is that as soon as they get into the water it's basically a lost catch, as cops can not currently compete with people swimming with depth strider, this gives a huge unfair advantage towards druggies. The fastest way to get from spawn to drug selling is always a straight line, and there is always water intersecting that line, and running around to catch them when they're coming out rarely works as they always can just backtrack to water just as fast or faster than cops can. This would not even give cops much of an advantage in water either, stated earlier effects only effect swimming when paired with depth strider, meaning that speed would swill work to out-run cops in the water even when they are both equipped with strider boots.

I understand. Your idea might even get accepted or something might be based of it! but in my experience this map, cops can hide pretty well in trees, use their abilities, and work together to trap people trying to reach the water.

Either way, I like your idea. Just trying to make some arguments against it :)

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder

Just my input ;)
I disagree with this, it isn't exactly easy for the cops to track you around the building and predict which way you're going to go, within 5 seconds you can be in the water and on your way, it is truly unfair to say try to get them before the water, and then your other argument about camp the dealer there going to, (keep in mind all this I'm saying would be in the theory of a 2x booster being active) people are going prison, now to camp prison for a cop is suicide I assure you... I just think your statement wasn't thought out at all and you just said it to say it.

I think cops getting a depth strider 1 duty would be cool and ok because then they can use there cop speed combined with depth strider 1 and at least have a fighting chance.

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Either that, or if there’s a way to add a temporary depth strider enchant to boots that pairs with the speed abilities

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
I think cops getting a depth strider 1 duty would be cool and ok because then they can use there cop speed combined with depth strider 1 and at least have a fighting chance.
Im thinking depth strider 2, possibly 3 for a select form of cop duty, but of course depth strider enchantments would have to become more widely available and easy to obtain for druggies through fishing or other means.
Either that, or if there’s a way to add a temporary depth strider enchant to boots that pairs with the speed abilities
This would be interesting although it doesn't seem super possible, but going off of this possibly have a boat (or form of transportation) that a cop could use to quickly maneuver through water.

Another thing that I thought of is if cops do get this type of duty they should have a light blue, possibly almost white uniform so they don't blend into the water

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
Im thinking depth strider 2, possibly 3 for a select form of cop duty, but of course depth strider enchantments would have to become more widely available and easy to obtain for druggies through fishing or other means.

This would be interesting although it doesn't seem super possible, but going off of this possibly have a boat (or form of transportation) that a cop could use to quickly maneuver through water.

Another thing that I thought of is if cops do get this type of duty they should have a light blue, possibly almost white uniform so they don't blend into the water
2 at best, gotta keep it balanced!

Last edited:

Freed0mMC

VIP
I agree that cops should perhaps be given more of a chance against water-based chases but for the love of god please don't call it 'Navy Seals'

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
Just add abilities for Depth 1 for 10 seconds or Depth 2 for 5 seconds

(ONLY FOR THIS MAP)
From what I have noticed with police abilities it either gives an effect to the player, gives effect to other players, or pushes the player in a direction. Editing armor stats for a short amount of time probably isn't capable with whatever plugin is being used, and even if it were swapping armor stats that quickly and many times could probably cause large amounts of lag for the server. It would be nice if this worked, but it just doesn't seem that possible

Crytsal

MVP+
2 at best, gotta keep it balanced!
If cops got depth strider 2 they would still be outmatched by a player using depth strider 3, given that most players use speed combined with depth strider 3, cops would still be falling behind.

Solution: give cops a command such as /boat that spawns a boat they could use to chase down swimmers. They would still be slower in the water, but would be able to beat players to the shore.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
If cops got depth strider 2 they would still be outmatched by a player using depth strider 3, given that most players use speed combined with depth strider 3, cops would still be falling behind.

Solution: give cops a command such as /boat that spawns a boat they could use to chase down swimmers. They would still be slower in the water, but would be able to beat players to the shore.
Giving them /boat would allow them to just zoom and camp the entrances, that idea is quite absurd

Crytsal

MVP+
Giving them /boat would allow them to just zoom and camp the entrances, that idea is quite absurd
Add a time limit like 30 seconds until the boat despawns, because all other solutions would lead to them still being outmatched by speed. The only other solution I could think of is and ability token that gives them depth strider 3 or 4 for a short time

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
I dont see this as being super crazy, as boats can only be on top of the water, where players can swim around the bottom to possibly lose the cop, maybe even sit at the bottom to /spawn and rerun or simply wait until the cop jumps off the boat to catch them and swim away

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
I dont see this as being super crazy, as boats can only be on top of the water, where players can swim around the bottom to possibly lose the cop, maybe even sit at the bottom to /spawn and rerun or simply wait until the cop jumps off the boat to catch them and swim away
I'm just thinking about it, you are in cop spawn hop to the water "/boat" zoom to any of the prison entrances and just camp it get a frisk /spawn and continue that loop... it really depends if it costs or the time you would get it for

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
I'm just thinking about it, you are in cop spawn hop to the water "/boat" zoom to any of the prison entrances and just camp it get a frisk /spawn and continue that loop... it really depends if it costs or the time you would get it for
Thinking of it this way is very interesting and sounds very similar to the horses that people can rent, so maybe adding a rentable boat that everyone can rent would be an interesting alternative to buying a horse

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.